What is the Importance of Effective Communication?
- To get acceptance of policies, winning cooperation of others, getting instructions and ideas clearly understood and bringing about the desired changes in performance are dependent upon effective communication.
- Communication helps the management to take decisions. In the absence of effective communication, it may not be possible for the top- level management to come in closer contact with each other and discuss the important problems pertaining to the organization.
- Frequently Communication with personnel helps the management to get about their problems, difficulties and grievances and take appropriate steps can be taken in time to remove the workers difficulties. And second other things Conflicts often arise because of communication gap. It can be eliminated by setting up a regular arrangement of keeping contact with the workers through communication media.
- Communication is quite important for coordination, which is the essence of effective management. It brings about mutual understanding between the personnel at all levels and fosters the spirit of cooperation. In the words of
Mary Crushing Niles, “Good communication are essential to coordination. They are necessary upward, downward and sideways, through all the levels of authority and advise for the transmission, interpretation and adoption of policies, for the sharing of knowledge and information, and for the more subtle needs of good morale and mutual understanding.
- Greater, better and cheaper production are the aims of all managers. In today’s organizations; the information passes through a variety of filters and there is always a chance for misinterpretation. An effective system of communication can play a important role in avoiding these types of mistake or misinterpretation.
- The employees should be told clearly what exactly to do and the way in which an instruction is to be carried out. In this process certain directions are to be given, certain feelings must be expressed and a certain amount of interpersonal perceptions must be exchanged.
In other words communication defined as “For this, management has to sell ideas, motivate the workers to work with a will, and build up higher morale in the company. Communication, as an influence, process, plays a vital role here. It becomes, thus a part of education propaganda leadership and guidance function of the management.”
- With an effective system of communication it is quite convenient for the employees to express their grievances, and bring all their problems to the notice of the management. Proper communication between the interested parties reduce the point of friction and minimize those that inevitable arise. Hence by effective communication, a group having ‘skill’ and ‘will’ to do is to be built up.
- With the effective communication helps in securing the largest possible participation or consultation in decision making, planning and general administration. This will help give democratic character to managerial process and strengthen the morale of the staff.